The "Lebensland Kärnten" initiative
Since its inception, "Lebensland Kärnten" has sought to accomplish three things: to build the infrastructure required by Carinthia's emerging eMobility movement, to develop innovative mobility concepts, and to promote economic growth in the fields of e-Mobility and renewable energy production.
Experts agree that we cannot continue to power our vehicles with fossil fuels indefinitely.
Thus, we expect that e-Vehicles will soon constitute a significant portion of the entire volume of vehicular transportation. As a number of studies have projected, this portion could be as high as 20 to 30% by 2020. To reach this ambitious goal, and to meet future technological requirements, it is crucial that we begin to implement adequate measures today.
Faced with serious environmental concerns on the one hand, and ever-rising fuel costs on the other, it is clear that we need to radically, and collectively, change the ways in which we produce and consume energy. In fact, some of these changes are already taking place -- here, in Carinthia. Through the widespread use of eVehicles and renewable energy, as well as through major improvements in public transportation, Carinthia has been at the forefront of this ongoing transformation.
"Today, Carinthia is creating the infrastructure that shall make driving an eVehicle easier, more attractive, and more comfortable than anywhere else in Europe!"
In collaboration with numerous partners, "Lebensland Kärnten" currently pursues a two-fold strategy: one, to build a Carinthia-wide, comprehensive network of public charging points for e-Vehicles of all kinds; and two, to promote the production of renewable energy, in order to supply those charging points with "green" electricity. Moreover, "Lebensland" offers a series of incentives to Carinthians who consider to make the switch to e-Mobility.
The "Lebensland Kärnten" concept for the future of mobility in Carinthia includes the following components:
- A comprehensive network of public charging points, to make the e-Mobility option both feasible and convenient for all Carinthians
- Facilities for the production of renewable energy, to absorb the expected increase in electricity consumption by e-Vehicles
- Financial incentives for the purchase of e-Vehicles of all kinds
- A network of retail outlets, as well as a solid, Carinthia-wide service & maintenance infrastructure for e-Vehicles
- The dissemination of information and educational materials to Carinthia's citizens and businesses, in order to answer their urgent e-Mobility questions, and to actively respond to existing fears or misconceptions
- the active support of the research and educational institutions concerning their educational initiatives and e-mobility projects.
Our project also relies strongly on collaborative efforts with our numerous partners, and we continue to take part in several joint ventures that promote "green" mobility solutions.
Thanks to the unique "Lebensland Kärnten" initiative, Carinthia has become a model region with regard to alternative mobility and renewable energy production.